At Caboodle, we are committed to taking your privacy seriously and maintaining your trust and confidence. We will keep your contact details nice and safe and private; and will not rent, trade, sell, give away or otherwise share any information about you with anyone for marketing purposes.
Here is background to how we treat personal data that we collect:
If you visit our website
When someone visits any part of our website we use third party service provider Google Analytics, to gather standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not permit Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
If you sign-ups to receive ‘fundraising updates’
As part of the registration process when we have your consent to receive further contact from us, we collect your name email and organisation to:
- Send you information that you have asked to receive.
- Get in touch to obtain or provide additional information.
- Confirm our records are right.
- Periodically check that you’re happy and satisfied.
We use ‘MailChimp’ as a third party platform to deliver our newsletter. Caboodle compile statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communications. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection controller and processor Glenn Oakes
If you contact us via social media
We use a third party the third party platform Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions.
If you ask about the services we provide
If you enquire about services we provide, we will store, process and protect basic information based on belief that it is our legitimate interest to do so.
The type of information we collect about you may include:
- your name
- the organisation you represent
- your job title
- phone number
- email address
We do not rent or trade personal data with other organisations and businesses for marketing purposes
Your rights regarding your personal information
You are entitled and very welcome to access the personal information that we hold and have:
- The right to know the existence of personal data
- The right to access information we hold regarding you
- The right of objection (to unsubscribe)
- The right to be forgotten (to have your details deleted)
- The right of rectification (inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete)
- The right to complain if you feel there is a problem with how we manage your data
Upon receipt of a request we will respond without undue delay and within a one month period.
To exercise any of these rights please email your request to our data protection controller and processor Glenn Oakes, write to Caboodle, 12 Ayrshire Lane, Lisburn, BT28 2UW or telephone 075 5796 0982.
Respect for you and your personal information is a vital element of our organisational ethos; if you have any queries, or if you feel we are not managing your privacy correctly please do inform us as we want to know about it and will promptly investigate any query.
You can find out more about your rights here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
If you are not satisfied with our response or if you feel we are not handling your personal data in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to other websites
Retention of Your Personal Information
If you subscribe to receive fundraising updates, we shall keep a record of your details for as long as we have your permission to do so. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time and should you do so we will promptly delete all data.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months.
If you contact us for information on our services we shell store your details for three months, unless you consent for us to do so for longer.
If a customer of Caboodle we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data for six years, after which time it will be deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Caboodle may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from periodically to be sure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18 May 2018.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term ‘Caboodle’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website Glenn Oakes 12 Ayrshire Lane Lisburn BT28 2UW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is copyright of Glenn Oakes trading as Caboodle © 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your own non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third party non profit organisations for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Glenn Oakes, trading as Caboodle and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Caboodle. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Caboodle takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.